iTunes 9 and my iPhone
I’m sure i’m not the only one who is having this issue – and i know this because of the hundreds of blog posts and comments I’ve scowered trying to figure out how to get my iPhone 3gs to connect to iTunes 9 on my PC running XP PRO without completely freezing iTunes and rendering it completely unusable.
Ever since i upgraded my my iPhone software to 3.1 and my iTunes to 184.108.40.206, i haven’t been able to get my iPhone to sync successfully. I tried every single thing all the disgruntled people said they’ve tried thinking maybe, prayerfully, some how it would work, but nope. Nada – not even a glimmer of hope. Nothing, would allow me to sync my iPhone.
Finally, after spending two and a half hours troubleshooting today and feeling extremely bummed and pretty frustrated, i decided to try the only thing i could think of that i hadn’t already tried: run the diagnostics tests from iTunes.
Not sure if this is the ultimate fix, or if it’ll even work the next time i try to sync my iPhone, but here’s what i did to get it to finally connect:
First, I uplugged my iPhone, closed iTunes (by closed i mean ended the unresponsive process) and then re-opened iTunes to run the diagnostics.I started the diagnostics dialog before plugging in the iPhone to get it ready, then i plugged it in and started the tests. Somehow, and it’s beyond me, but this actually worked! Maybe it’s a fluke, but i wanted to share just on the off chance it may work for someone else.