Everyday video marketing campaigns reach people and influence them to take actions they ordinarily may not have taken otherwise. Video is entertaining – it’s easy to consume; and, it’s one of most influential mediums you can use to spread your message to an audience. Why do you think companies spend millions of dollars on TV commercials? Video sells stuff.
YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine next to Google itself (coincidentally owned by Google). It’s not the only game in town though – there are literally 100’s of video sharing sites available to peddle your digital wares.
Watching video accounts for a huge portion of time spent online
- Online video users are expected to double to 1.5 billion in 2016.
- Globally, online video traffic will be 55 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2016.
- 76 percent of marketers plan to add video to their sites, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter and blog integration.
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month, spending more than 4 billion hours watching videos.
- 2 billion video views per week are monetized on YouTube, and every auto-shared tweet results in six new YouTube browsing sessions.
Why Video Marketing?
Video goes a long way towards enhancing your brand. From business-introduction videos for websites, online commercials, monthly marketing video snippets, to video blog posts, the possibilities are nearly endless to how you can use video to boost your online presence and customer base.
Video provides a very high “return on investment” (ROI). With video becoming more and more popular these days research shows that many customers make the decision to buy AFTER viewing a video about a certain company.
Video acts as a visual calling card to your potential clients. It is able to represent your brand in a way that shows you are in fact a real company with a mission, vision and goals centered around the needs of your customers.
Video allows you to tell a story to potential customers. This is the best way to connect with them on a personal level which will ultimately inspire a purchase decision. Video allows you to be very compelling while communicating your mission as a company.
Video is the most shared content on the internet. Video is predicted to reach 90% of all web traffic in the near future which means you want to have videos ready to be watched and shared online.
- Gets higher engagement than static graphics
- Video builds trust
- Search engines love video
- Video is easily syndicated
- Easily transported to email, social media
- doesn’t have to be fancy to be effective
How can video marketing fit into your business?
Here are just a few of the ways you can use video to enhance your business:
- Promotional videos
- Video infographics
- Tutorial/How-to videos
- Q & A videos
- “Behind the scenes” videos